New retail space added in desirable Lincoln Park location
CHICAGO – Chicago general contractor, Summit Design + Build, LLC, recently completed the renovation and core and shell construction of 1504 N. Fremont.
The single-story building located at the corner of West Blackhawk Street and North Fremont Street was a mix of residential and commercial space when acquired by owner L3 Capital LLC. The process of renovating and updating the 13,000 square foot building included:
- The demolition of the southwest corner and existing interior glass vestibule,
- demolition of a portion of the south wall to remove courtyard and expand building footprint,
- reconstruction and replacing of roof removed during demolition,
- creation of 11 new openings for storefront windows on the east and south side of the building,
- extensive masonry repair,
- installation of custom aluminum canopies,
- new alley entryways and landings,
- all new electrical service and MEPs for core and shell, and
- the construction of a demising wall for future retail tenant.
In addition to the core and shell work, Summit was retained to handle the pouring of new concrete floors for a future retail tenant. The project was completed with new landscaping and new sidewalk along Fremont and Blackhawk and a fresh coat of off-white paint.
1504 N. Fremont added space for up to three retail tenants in an already desirable shopping and lifestyle destination in Lincoln Park along North Avenue. The building is located near The Shops at Fremont, due west of the New City apartment and retail complex and directly across the street from SONU DIGS and SoNo East luxury apartments.
OKW Architects served as the project architect for 1504 N. Fremont. RLE Partners served as the owner’s representative.